When it comes to planning a party, there are a lot of important details to keep track of. From the guest list to the menu or décor, every detail matters when it comes to throwing a successful event. That’s why event planners exist – to help take care of all the details so you can focus on enjoying yourself.
But what if you don’t want to hire an event planner? Is it possible to plan a party without one?
The short answer is yes, you can definitely plan your party without an event planner. However, it will require a bit more work on your part. You’ll need to be organized and have a good handle on all the details that need to be taken care of.
If you’re up for the challenge, read these tips to help you plan a party without an event planner:
1. Make a list of everything needed to be done. Make a note of anything that must be done in order to throw a successful party, from mailing out invites to stocking the bar. You can use our template to keep track of everything while also ensuring that nothing is forgotten.
2. Delegate tasks to friends and family. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, ask your friends and family for help. delegate tasks like handling the music, decorating, or even cooking to those who are willing to lend a hand.
3. Create a budget and make sure to stick to it. Parties can be expensive, so it’s important to create a budget and make sure you stick to it. Determine how much you’re willing to spend on things like food, drinks, and décor, and then make sure you don’t go over that amount.
4. Shop around for the best deals. When it comes to things like food and drinks, it pays to shop around. Compare prices at different stores and see who has the best deals on the items you need. Hiring a professional caterer is one of the options that will make planning easier. Visit website of Good2Eat catering and see what they’re offering.
5. Plan ahead. The key to successfully planning a party without an event planner is to start early and give yourself plenty of time to get everything done. Start working on your guest list, menu, and décor well in advance so you’re not scrambling at the last minute.
Here’s our checklist you can check to keep you on track with your event plans like how a professional event planner does.
Party Checklist: Month Before the Event
A month before the event, you should:
- Choose the date and time of the event and start to promote it.
- Choose the venue for the event and start to book it.
- Choose the theme or purpose of the event and start to plan the event around that.
- Choose the food and drinks for the event and start to order it.
- Choose the entertainment for the event and start to book it.
- Choose the decorations for the event and start to buy or rent them.
- Choose the favors for the event and start to buy or make them.
- Choose the RSVP date and start to promote it.
- Choose the day-of-event timeline and start to promote it.
- Have a final meeting with all vendors to go over the event details.
Party Checklist: Week Before the Event
Here is a checklist of things to do and check a week before your event:
- Go over the event schedule and agenda with all key personnel and make sure everyone is on the same page.
- Do a final walk-through of the event venue to make sure everything is in order and to your liking.
- Make sure all audio/visual equipment is in working order and that you have backup equipment on hand just in case.
- Confirm that all event staff, security, and other personnel are aware of their roles and responsibilities.
- Review the event marketing and promotional materials one last time to make sure everything is accurate and up-to-date.
- Have a contingency plan in place in case of any unforeseen circumstances.
- Make sure all event logistics are taken care of, such as transportation, lodging, and food/beverage.
- Do a final headcount of attendees and make sure all RSVPs have been accounted for.
- Have a list of emergency contacts on hand in case of any issues that may arise.
- Take some time to mentally relax in order to prepare for the event. Everything will be alright as long as you have taken care of everything in advance!
Party Checklist: Day Before the Event
Here is a checklist of things to do and keep in mind on the day before of the event:
- Confirm all your vendors and suppliers. This includes confirming that they will be delivering what you ordered when you need it.
- Make sure